***The information on this page is not current.***
*** all official beta gear is available at ***
*** 08/14/2005 ***
Welcome to the Harpoon Classic Gold Edition Public Beta site.
There are several files available for download:
contains 3 new scenarios, one by Kelly Crawford, and two by Charles Berlemann, each with its own orders file.
HC GOLD Patch to RC2 . Please install this patch to any of the beta installations or RC1 to bring your game up to the current RC2 version.
To increase the performance of RC2, apply the GE patch below after upgrading to or installing RC2.
HC GOLD GE Patch to RC2a. Please install this patch to RC2 to gain performance similar to RC1. (approximately 1.5MB)
- New Installations: Release Candidate 2
HC GOLD Minimum . This
contains the HC2002 GOLD edition Game Engine (GE), Scenario Editor (SE),
support files for the GE and SE, the common database files (commondb) and
the EC2003 battlesets which use the commondb. (approximately 7.5MB -
this is the smallest functional HC GOLD package)
HC GOLD Platform Editor.
This contains the new Platform Editor for HC2002 Gold. The editor is a
Microsoft Access program, and this download requires to you have Access
installed to use the editor. (approximately 2.5MB)
HC GOLD Full - This contains
everything in the HCGOLD Minimum, the Platform Editor, and the Microsoft
Access Runtime which allows people without Access to run the platform
editor. (approximately 18MB)
HC GOLD All - This contains
everything in the HCGOLD Full plus the Original, HDSI, HDSII, and HDSIII Battlesets. (approximately 30MB)
Harpoon Classic is Copyright Advanced Gaming Systems Incorporated (AGSI), and
AGSI reserves all rights to the software.
Downloading the software indicates that you acknowledge that the software:
- is Beta quality
- comes with no warranty whatsoever, and
- will expire October 15, 2003.
You agree to not attempt to reverse engineer the software or the expiration
mechanism. If you don't agree to these conditions, do not download the
- Release Candidate 2: 9/23/2003
- GE - Quiet the Staff Assistant on re-attacks. He will not prompt you to launch weapons if there is already ordnance on the way to the target unit.
- *Note: Units in target group that do not yet have missiles incoming will still result in SA prompts. This happens most often when attacking surface groups.
- GE - Add 1% chance that airburst gun hits will do Damage Point damage rather than only critical hits.
- GE - Turn on AI Air and Surface radar when AI group uses point defense and when missiles impact. This helps prevent total loss of AI group without return fire.
- GE - Make Magazines work so that mounts reload properly.
- GE - Eliminate garbage new line character in some of the scenario list boxes.
- GE - Fix crash in Platform Display when scenario has no units of chosen type and All Units is selected.
- GE - Increase SAM effectiveness in commondb Battlesets.
- GE - Fix the more than 128 incoming missiles do no damage problem, that particular limit is now upwards of 32000.
- GE - Allow submarines in surface groups to be attacked.
- GE - AI subs will turn off active sonar 10 minutes after turning it on.
- GE - Make depth charges work by increasing range from 1.0nm to 2.5nm.
- GE - Eliminate ability to fire LAND attack weapons at ships when in mixed plane groups.
- GE - Prompt user to immediately enter a group course when groups are split. Speed of new group defaults to Cruise.
- GE - Immediately send tankers home (RTB) after refueling.
- SE - Some variable start point errors fixed.
- SE - Fix moving victory condition rectangles.
- PE - Add a pause to end_edit.bat file to show user results of database export.
- DB - New ships, Global Hawk added, ex-Kirovs now shoot more SAMs, and more!
- Release Candidate 1: 9/11/2003
- GE - Debugging & logging off, many other performance improvements.
- GE - More fixes to prevent aircraft from getting lost.
- GE - Sonar tweak making CZ detections somewhat easier.
- GE - Fixed AAMs engaging SAMs.
- GE - Message Log will show loadout names as planes become ready.
- GE - Clear Message Log contents when loading a new scenario.
- GE - Range rings will more quickly update when radars are knocked out.
- GE - Partial fix of game clock being cut off when using large system fonts.
- GE - Only update the clock every 10 seconds when compression is higher than 10 seconds.
- GE - Aircraft sent to attack will attack the originally assigned target type (surf or air).
- GE - Fixed a number of ARM problems.
- ARMs now fire against radars set to mixed.
- ARMS no longer launch against base when base radar disabled or turned off.
- GE - SAM fire rate fixes.
- Light Setting - Max 1xSAM per incoming if incoming < 1300kts, else max 2xSAM per incoming.
- Normal Setting - Max 2xSAM per incoming if incoming < 1300kts, else max 3xSAM per incoming.
- Heavy Setting - Max 3xSAM per incoming if incoming < 1300kts, else max 4xSAM per incoming.
- AI always uses Normal setting
- PE - Modified Weapons form so that Torpedo acquisition range entry works better.
- DB - Many fixes including a fix to the missing loadout, mines are better, etc.
- Beta 13 Released: 8/21/2003
- GE - Numerous fixes to prevent aircraft from getting lost, running away from target, etc.
- GE - Numerous sonar tweaks.
- GE - Introduction of a Message Log window to supplement Status Bar messages.
- GE - Fixes so that Original GIUK only shows valid units and fixes problems with some unit names.
- GE - Re-introduce criticals other than sensor criticals for ARMs.
- GE - Changes to AI airstrike allocation against ships and aircraft.
- GE - Reduce rate that SAMs are fired (10 second pause between salvos).
- DB - Many changes and improvements.
- Beta 11 Released: 7/31/2003
- GE - Serial number/registration revised to extend this version and it's successors thru September 15th.
- GE - Scenario name is now listed in title bar.
- GE - Beginnings of automated DB versioning system evidenced by DB "flavor" displayed in status bar.
- GE - HARMs/ARMs may no longer induce fires or floods. Ships will no longer sink, and your flight lines will no longer be decimated by such attacks. Your radars are now the primary target.
- GE - SAMs now fire every second (it used to be every 15 seconds). This helps defensively, but expends missiles too rapidly. This will be further improved in the near future.
- GE - Further refinements to Land/Sea attack missile flags
- SE - Scenario name is now listed in title bar.
- Beta 10 Released: 7/18/2003
- ** - Beta 10 breaks saved games from all previous HC versions. Scenarios are not broken, just saved games.
- GE - Some GetAnnex errors fixed.
- GE - Land attack missile flag enabled to allow land or sea only attack missiles
- SE - Malloc errors fixed for large scenarios. Should also fix some variable start point errors
- PE - Fix for some people with Access XP SP1 not being able to properly link to pfData2002.mdb
- DB - Many changes and improvements.
- Beta 9 Released: 7/12/2003
- ** - Beta 9 breaks saved games from all previous HC versions. Scenarios are not broken, just saved games.
- GE - Weather report text description of day/night is back. Time in weather report no longer shows To Go: time (Thanks Enrico)
- GE - Game Status screen <Ctrl-H> can now hold a count of 65535 instead of 255. (Thanks Everyone)
- GE - Mini-report size upon first start of GE should no longer have buttons overlapping text in Windows XP. (Thanks Frank)
- GE - Re-enabled the Plane Ready sound if user has it turned on in preferences. (Thanks Larry)
- GE - Taught Staff Assistant how to spell pursue. (Thanks Everyone)
- GE - Re-arranged last-ditch loadouts used in formation patrols and AI air ops.
- SE - Nuclear loadouts can now be chosen in SE and seen in SE Platform Display. (Thanks Ken)
- PE - Removed Fix Weaps button.
- DB - Many changes and improvements. (Thanks DB crew & Beta Testers)
- Beta 8 Released: 7/5/2003
- GE - Sonobuoys in original GIUK now show up on map though still have sensors of zero range (Thanks Larry)
- GE - EC2003 Scenarios will not crash because of air assets not having the loadouts dictated at scenario design (EC2003 NACV 14.0 Thanks Chris)
- GE - Air attack weapons in loadouts will no longer show 15% boost in PH
- SE - Scenario Editor will now open without error because of battlesetpath error (Thanks Andy)
- PE - Adding new planes will no longer cause a runtime error (Thanks Joseph)
- DB - Base locations have been updated so they are no longer invisible
- Beta 7 Released: 7/2/2003
- First public beta release.